UNCG Police Department
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Cross the street at the marked crosswalks or intersections.
- Obey traffic signals such as "Walk/Don't Walk".
- Watch for turning vehicles; make sure the driver sees you.
- Avoid the use of cell phones and headsets when crossing the street.
- While walking/jogging along side a road without sidewalks, always face the traffic.
- Don't step into the street from behind an obstruction.
- Always walk on the sidewalk, if not one, walk facing traffic.
- Don't relay solely on pedestrian signals, look before crossing the road.
Safety Tips for Motorist
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks, marked or unmarked (It's the law.)
- Do not block nor park in crosswalks.
- Motorist are not allowed to travel or park in bike lanes.
- Don't use your cell phone while driving.
Safety Tips for Bicyclists
- Do not ride on the sidewalk.
- Watch for turning cars in the bike lane.
- Ride in the same directions as traffic on the road.
- Wear reflective clothing and use lights at night.